Did You Know...
of your decisions are made unconsciously?*
In the absence of awareness, our unconscious minds dictate our thoughts, feelings, and behavior based on past conditioning.
With mindfulness training to develop the 8 qualities of the mind, you can breakthrough habitual patterns and make choices that are good for you, the people around you, and the world. In a fast-changing world, these qualities of the mind are essential to thrive.
Thank you for your interest in the Know Your Mind program!
I am Shalini Bahl. I have created this program after thousands of hours of mindfulness practice and learning from some of the best mindfulness teachers, research in neuroscience and psychology, and personal search to integrate mindfulness into how we live, love, learn, and lead.
Don't believe me but see what others are saying about this program and better still, explore for yourself, how these practices can benefit you.
What people are saying:
"I've worked with Shalini as her student in mindfulness classes since 2014. To say that she is an inspired, generous, compassionate and wise teacher would be the understatement of the year! Words fail to describe the gifts that Shalini has helped me nurture in my own life and those around me. I owe much of my spiritual, emotional and mental growth in the last 4 years to Shalini's inspired teachings. Her ability to bring mindfulness and the tenets of Buddhism in a secular, thoughtful and science-grounded manner into our community is nothing short of miraculous. I am immensely appreciative, honored and privileged to have had the chance to work with her as long as I have. I will continue taking classes and learning from Shalini for as long as she is willing to teach me!"
~Shiri, CEO & Founder at AuCoDe
"Laurie and I found that committing to this practice as a couple was very important for us as we continue to learn and grow after 34 years together. Shalini has taught us so much about meditation, insight and skillful actions that we try to incorporate into our lives. We find that having someone close to practice with does help reinforce the many benefits of mindfulness. Laurie and I are grateful to have practiced with Shalini as she is a wonderful teacher and an equally nice person. Mindfulness is a permanent part of our lives now."
~John, CFO at G.S. Precision, Inc
"Shalini has done The Work and is genuine as a teacher and facilitator. Her attention to class participants is extraordinary - listens, clarifies, inspires. She is masterful in her practical application of complex topics across a wide range of class/workshop participants. The Mindfulness program involves many layers of both Learning and Personal Development. Shalini has the grace and wisdom essential to teach this type of program."
~Richard, Adult Learning Consultant
“I just finished a six session Executive Series at Downtown Mindfulness with Shalini Bahl. My health depended on learning meditation and stress reduction techniques. My life drastically improved from additional lessons Shalini taught me. I often and highly recommend Shalini to friends who are stressed out; who have an interest in self-improvement; and who’d appreciate that greater perspective translates into greater success. Shalini’s class benefited me most by implementing reminders in my daily life that make me more thoughtful about the potential impact on other people of my words and actions. People I work and socialize with have remarked that they recognize in me a greater calm since I became a student of Shalini’s. I’m grateful for the life-changing perspective she shared.”
Cinda, President W.D. Cowls
"Wonderful meditaions that are helping me to bring more mindfulness to my work which is very stressful at the moment. I am able to be more relaxed and confident, bringing my natural curiosoty outward and focusing less on the stress around all that I have to do. Thank you!"
~Michelle, Simple Habit User
"For several years the emotions of fear and anxiety towards building my business I thought were from myself. That I had failed and was incapable. My eyes were just opened!!! When I began my business I was all in and loving it. Someone I was working with disrupted that momentum and I became extremely distracted. I didn’t fail! I’m not incapable! I ALLOWED someone to make me feel that way and I believed it was ME! I am sobbing for the time I’ve lost but moving on now!"
~Wendy, Simple Habit User
"I think Shalini has an uncanny understanding of the human mind. How else could she identify the causes and effects of something seemingly obscure, like procrastination. Thank you Shalini."
~Eileen, Simple Habit User
This Program Is For You If:
- You are feeling stressed or overwhelmed.
- You would like to cultivate the skills to navigate change and challenges with ease and clarity.
- You have been practicing mindfulness but feel stuck in habitual patterns of reactivity.
- You would like more energy and joy in your life.
- You would like to be able to integrate mindfulness in everyday life.
- You took the mindfulness quiz and would like to cultivate the 8 mindfulness skills.
- You have been meditating but feel something is missing in your practice.
- Or you just want to continue to deepen your experience and practice of mindfulness.
How is this program different from other mindfulness programs?
- More Than Awareness: This program breaks down mindfulness into 8 qualities of the mind that you will be systematically developing. Mindfulness is more than awareness and focus. For example, you will be developing qualities such as energy, appreciative joy, and balance, which are not typically emphasized in mindfulness trainings.
- More Than Meditation: This program is more than daily meditation. Real change happens when we also cultivate insight to see the bigger picture and consequences of our actions and act on these insights to practice skillful actions.
- Daily Reminders: You will receive daily reminders by email with daily meditations, insight training(Sit with it tips) and suggestions to think, speak, and act skillfully (Run with it tips).
- A Secular Program: If you have already taken the popular Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program and would like to continue to deepen your understanding and integration of mindfulness in a secular way, this program allows you to do that.
- Combining Mindfulness Wisdom with Science: This program is grounded in teachings from original mindfulness texts backed by research in neuroscience, psychology, and management. Read my published and award winning research here.
- Practice Anytime, Anywhere: You will receive daily emails with guided meditations and tips. You can practice mindfulness anytime, anywhere.
- Daily Breakthroughs: The focus of this program is to make small breakthroughs every day in how you think and act. This will energize and motivate you to keep practicing.
- Teacher with more than 15 years mindfulness experience, research, and professional certifications: I have studied, practiced, researched, and taught mindfulness for many years and from some of the best teachers and institutions in the US including the Center for Mindfulness at UMass Medical School and The Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute (that created the mindfulness-based emotional intelligence program at Google).
How Did I Come Up With This Framework?
I can cite our award winning research paper that first acknowledged the transformative potential of mindfulness. This research paper highlighted the importance of going beyond meditation to cultivate the space for insight, which weakens our habitual patterns and creates opportunity to make better choices. In my next project—a book chapter on the Paradoxes of Teaching Mindfulness in Business—I went further to explore the importance of not just meditation and insight but also actively developing skillful habits—thoughts, speech, and actions that enhance well-being of all involved in the long run.
While my publications and research in neuroscience give credibility to this framework, it is really the thousand of hours of meditation practice, learning from some of the best teachers including Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn, Joseph Goldstein, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Mirabai Bush, Mark Coleman, Tyohar, and Arthur Zajonc, and my professional training from some of the best mindfulness institutions in the US that have helped me get here.
I also want to acknowledge the role models in my life including my father and grandmother who have lived mindfully without knowing the word mindfulness.
In this course, you will:
- Systematically cultivate eight qualities of the mind essential to living with freedom and creative joy.
- Learn the nuances of mindfulness and meditation.
- Cultivate insight that allows you to break through your patterns of thinking and reacting.
- Have daily breakthroughs that slowly change habits that don't serve you.
- Be part of a community of people motivated to live mindfully.
- Have access to a teacher with fifteen years of experience as a practitioner, a mindfulness researcher, and certified mindfulness teacher with training from some of the best teachers and institutions in the US.
- Get at least two options for each meditation—a ten-minute one and a longer one so you can maintain the consistence of meditating even if you are busy.
As the founder of KnowYourMind.training and Affiliated Expert at the Isenberg School of Management, UMass, I am an advocate for mindfulness in business, higher-ed and society. I am committed to integrating the transformative potential of mindfulness in education, business and policy to revitalize classrooms, organizations and communities ( Read our award winning paper in a premier marketing journal). My guided meditations appear on the Simple Habit app and Insight Timer.
With a doctoral degree in marketing from the Isenberg School of Management, UMass Amherst, my research on self-awareness and mindfulness has been published in premier marketing and public policy journals. Through my organization, KnowYourMind.training, I design and deliver mindfulness-based solutions that address organizational challenges. In my studio, Downtown Mindfulness, I love co-creating a community to promote mindful living. I was recently elected to be District Councilor in the inaugural Town Council in Amherst, MA.
I have been practicing mindfulness for over fifteen years and received professional certification to teach mindfulness from the Center for Mindfulness at UMass Medical School and the Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute, an mindfulness and emotional intelligence organization born at Google.
When I am not working, I love all kinds of creative projects, cooking, being in nature, meditating and Zumba.